I have so many exciting DIY’s to share for the reveal of my nursery, and I’m thrilled to share with you this first one which I did in partnership with Spoonflower!
I shared in this post the rough mockup of where I was going with my baby girl nursery. I wanted a black white and baby pink color palette, with constellations and stars as the main theme. Since working on the nursery, the theme has evolved more to black and white, and less ‘constellations’. I found that I loved mixing and matching so many black and white prints in the room (whether though linens, blankets or this side table DIY) that I really moved on from holding myself to a strict theme.
So for this DIY I decided to continue on the black and white theme, and revamp an old wood side table that needed a bit more pop for this room. I love how it came out and now want to cover everything in my home with sticky wallpaper… it really provides such instant gratification that it’s perfect for someone who wants a new look but has little time!
I absolutely swoon over gorgeous bone inlay moroccan side tables, but sadly I haven’t been able to score one in my budget. The high contrast, geometric and handmade look is what is so appealing about them, so for a fraction of the cost and about 2 hours of my time, I decided that a DIY version would be perfect for my daughters nursery, next to the rocking chair. That way, even if high contrast black and white is perfect for her newborn eyes, it’s my eyes that are really appreciating that eye candy!
What You Need:
- Old nightstand or side table with clean lines. It can have drawers or not!
- 1 8 ft. roll of Spoonflower’s woven peel and stick removeable wallpaper (here is the tile design I used)
- Semi-Gloss spray paint in the color of your choice
- New decorative drawer pulls, if your table has drawers. Mine are here from World Market
- Sand down your table with sandpaper, making sure it fully prepped for the spray paint. Wipe down with a wet cloth to remove any remaining dust. Remove any drawer handles prior to painting.
- Spray paint each side of your table, including the visible top, side, and border portions of your drawers. Spray paint usually dries to the touch in about 20 minutes, so wait that long before moving the table.
- Once dry, bring the table inside and lay out your supplies. Start by measuring the top and sides of your nightstand, and cutting out pieces of your removable wallpaper to fit.
- As each piece is cut, slowly peel back one side of the backing at a time, ensuring that your piece is perfectly lined up. Press out any air bubbles. Repeat on the front of the drawers or any additional sections or lines that you would like to cover.
- Install the old drawer handles or replace them with more decorative ones, and that’s it!
I am absolutely in LOVE with how this moroccan side table came out and I can’t wait to share with you how it will look in the finished nursery!
To see the full DIY with pictures, head over to the Spoonflower blog here!
Also, see the rest of my Nursery DIYs and posts: