One of the last big purchases we have left for our living room makeover is zero-ing on the right coffee table. A statement coffee table can really define the room, and there are so many incredibility interesting and well-designed styles out there that I would love to own. HOWEVER, for this space, a statement coffee table is not what we’re going for. Its a but tricky for me actually, as I love each piece I buy to tell a unique story and make a statement all on it’s own. But for this space we want something that will feel light, clean, and not take up visual space. We tend to accumulate things very quickly… and if we can prevent any additional clutter in the space by choosing a ‘barely there’ coffee table, then we will!
Coffee Table Must haves:
- Must be light and bright! Duh. I currently have a natural wood coffee table and although we like it… its a bit too dingy and boring for our space. Plus, it’s too small. Since we are looking for something of a larger size, I want to make sure it doesn’t overpower the room or make it look too heavy.
- Easy to put your feet on. We don’t want an ottoman or anything, but we do want something stable enough that you can put your feet on and not freak out about. I realize that basically rules out the glass options below… but because of Must Have #1 we still have some options on there.
- Size. It needs to be at least 40″ wide, so that guests can easily reach the table with drinks. In a perfect world I would like the coffee table to have a second shelf underneath to display large coffee table books, but I haven’t found many I like that’s in our price range.
- Price. I had my eye on a kidney shaped Jonathan Adler coffee table, but we just can’t stomach anything over $1k. Even $1k is a bit too high for us, but we can usually find a good discount code for many of the more expensive styles below that help us reach our target goal.
So which is your favorite of the below options? Have you seen anything else in your web-browsing that I should consider? PLEASE HELP! I need to get this done sometime this decade…
1. Gleam Marble Top Square Table
10. Rollins Square Double Layer Table