This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them may help support this website.
April was an extremely busy month for me. I traveled every weekend, was in 4 different time zones, and visited 5 different states. The constant packing and re-packing forced me really think hard about my wardrobe and what items I could re-work into looks time and time again. I realized there were a few items I could use that would be extremely versatile, and a few things that would be fun mixed in with items I currently own.
Happy to say I nailed my April purchases this month, coming in at 7 total items which is under my goal of 8. Two of those items were hair accessories, which makes me feel even better my coming under under target, and making up for the overage in March.
Without further ado, let’s get into what I bought and why I chose it!
1. Striped Top, $39, Zara (disappeared online, love this one too): If you can’t tell, I’m building up my stripe inventory which is a signature of mine, and this top with bold red swathes of stripes felt modern but classic at the same time. I styled it last week in Chicago with my big pants, but I so many ideas of how to wear it in warmer climates in the coming months you will be seeing a lot of it!
2. Piped Headband, $28, Nordstom (comes in 2 other colors): Hair accessories are my new jam . I’ve been washing and blow drying it less and less to prevent years of damage, so I’ve spent a lot of time hunting down cute, wearable hair accessories. I have always loved hats and headbands, but they didn’t work as well with my longer hair. With short hair- they are the instant look-finisher!
3. Nautical Stripe Dress, $98, J.Crew (40% off with code BIGSALE): This is basically the dress I need for my upcoming summer trips. I love the contrast stripes of course, but the shape of this dress in particular is fantastic as a bathing suit coverup and late night smores around the fire. The long sleeves make it perfect for cooler night, it looks killer with white sneakers and my April Purchase #4.
4. White Baseball Cap, $24, Nordstrom: White caps are the white sneakers of headwear, and coincidentally a great styling trick. Put almost anything together with a white hat and white sneakers, and you have instant retro cool. Seriously, I dare you to find something that doesn’t look better with this combo. #fashiontips
5. White Poplin Shirtdress, $155, Cuyana: This dress is unlike anything I own, but it’s chic beyond comparison. Although at first glance it may seem a bit tame for me… it’s actually going to be the perfect palette for a ton of accessorizing (rubs her hands together deviously). Also, made in Turkey with Fair Trade factories and sustainable fabrics, makes picking this dress a no-brainer.
6. One Splash Sunglasses, $100-$150, Karen Walker: Although typically $300 and up, Karen Walker sunglasses are one of my favorite sunglass brands. I love her oversized and playful shapes, and find that when wearing her glasses, I don’t need anything else to make a statement. However, they come with a pretty price tag. My tip? Shop last season’s styles on Gilt and The Outnet, where I scored these ‘alternative fit’ ones (for smaller faces and noses) for up to 70% off!
7. Platform Stripe Flip Flips, $40, Rocket Dog: I can’t stand regular flip flops, did you know that? Don’t own, and don’t want a pair. But this 90’s era platform stripe pair are perfect for poolside while still being a super fun statement maker. I can see wearing them with jean shorts and beach coverups alike, and love that this is one of the few ways I can give a tribute to my teen years.
What do you think of my purchases?
Love these posts? Don’t forget to let me know in the comments section or share, tweet, or post!