I consider myself a connoisseur of very few things: grilled cheese, nail polish brands, 90s hip hop, and amazing sports bras. I have over 40 sports bras of various colors, shapes, lengths, and brands, because I tend to wear my sports bras more as tops when I work out (I hate when your sweaty shirt starts to stick to you and restrict movement). That said, I have curated a list of my favorite sports bras based on activity, shape and aesthetic.
Best Low Impact (Clockwise from top left)
- The Upside Polka Dot Bra- I love how this transitions from gym to under a t-shirt so easily
- Lululemon Retreat Bra- Reversible, sweat-wicking and quick drying fabric perfect for yoga, barre and pilates
- Nike Pro Compression Bra- This comes in a million colors and my favorites are reversible. I can wear this to more intense classes such as dance, spin and boxing and love the feminine shape
- Bodyism Lily Sports Bra- Thick straps add support to an otherwise low V- again perfect for gym classes
Best Medium / High Impact
- Under Armour HeatGear Sports Bra- Double layer and classic fit, plus it says “She’s a Fighter” on the support band which will make those beefy gym rats looks twice
- GapFit T back Sports Bra– The clean lines and back shape are super flattering while providing ample support
- Victorias Secret Front Close Sports Bra- Sexy and super functional! The front zip conceals a separate wired cup underneath, and adjustable thick straps for high intensity support
- Moving Comfort Juno Sports Bra- Molded Cups, thick bonded straps and back closure for those who need more support than me!
Best Fashion – Because you need some motivation for that workout right?
- Without Walls Mesh Bra- LOVE the crazy straps and mesh paneling on this one- total boss chic!
- Sweaty Betty Sweat it Out Bra- 2 layers of contrasting mesh gives support and is quick-dry!
- Blue Life Contrast Bra- Definitely more for looks, but wow does it succeed at that, am I right?
- Lululemon If You’re Lucky Bra- Satin trim adds femininity to a color blocked classic
Best Longer Length – I wear mine as tops, so a longer length is great for support and coverage
- Theory Tyte Sports Bra- Love the perforated triangle pattern and double layers for lower impact workouts
- Lucas Hugh Fleet Crop Top- Pricey but top of the line quality, support and fabric. Love the printed version as well
- Victorias Secret Mesh Racerback Bra- Mesh paneling and fun colors can take you straight from the gym to juice – see what I did there?
- Lorna Jane Petra Sporta Bra- Higher neckline and mesh paneling ensure you won’t fall out in those downward dogs!
What are your favorite sports bras? Do you buy more for looks, or for function?