This time of year is TOUGH. Motivating yourself to get out of that warm bed and get to work is hard enough, never mind all that effort squeezing into jeans, skirts, and other constricting clothing. What you really need… is a sleeping bag you can wear to work right? Enter knit dresses.
Not just any knit dresses. The knit midi dress is a key warmth and comfort staple and can look chic as hell, if you follow a few simple rules.
1. It must be past the knee- preferably midi length
2. The dress should be fitted in silhouette. If it flares out or bags anywhere, it will lack the chicness we are looking for
3. Pick a strong knit, or a tight weave. This should be knit like a sweater in order to hold all your jiggly parts in, it should not be made of flimsy jersey material where everything hangs out.
4. Not required, but for the ultimate reward on the littlest return, pick something striped or bold in color. That way, when you rock it with sneakers and anything from a long wool coat to a leather jacket, the dress will be the statement.
- H&M Camel knit dress // 2. Boutique Moschino from Rent the Runway // 3. Urban Outfitters // 4. Marni from Rent the Runway // 5. Cupcakes and Cashmere from Rent the Runway // 6. ASOS // 7. Opening Ceremony from Rent the Runway // 8. Warehouse
My Opening Ceremony knit dress is from Rent the Runway and it’s so so good. I’m thinking of buying it once it goes on sale HERE. I love the alternating stripes because #obviously. There are so many ways to dress it up or down it’s the first thing I grab for! I also bought the first camel H&M one. I figure it will be perfect for Thanksgiving- put together enough for in-laws and visiting families but with plenty of room to eat!