Earth Day is upon us on April 22, but in reality, every day should be Earth Day. Here are 21 of my best tips to introduce more sustainable living practices in your daily life. Your body, home, and earth will thank you!
6. Here in California we have to bring our own reusable bag when shopping. At first I thought it was ridiculous, but now I’m completely on board. Un-clutter your bag drawer and bring your own bags to grocery shop!
7. Switch to 8-Free non-toxic nail polishes for Earth Day and every day. My favorite brand is Smith+Cult, and Doe my Dear is my favorite upscale everyday color that always gets me attention!
8. That handbag you’re carrying? How about replacing it with a cruelty-free, mindfully made and US produced chic bag from luxe new brand Filbert?
9. Cut down on landfill, re-sell or patch/hem/sew/cut/reuse old clothing
17. Don’t let the labels fool you- Most hand soaps labeled as ‘clean’ are anything but. Use Mrs. Meyers hand soaps for the safest scrub.
18. Plant an herb garden in your home to get just what you need for your next recipe or cocktail, without the waste.
19. Easily sell your used name-brand clothing to ThreadUp. You can choose to donate your proceeds to charity or keep it to purchase other sellers’ used clothing. It’s a win-win-win!
20. Unplug your phone charger -and any other cords without on/off switches- when not in use. You will be shocked at how much energy you will save on your bill and how much good you will do for the environment!
21. Embrace a slow fashion lifestyle. Read more about how I am taking steps to buyer slower and smarter in my blog post here.
What changes are you going to make for Earth Day, and every day?
21 Ways to make Every day Earth Day was last modified: April 19th, 2017 by Stefanie