Sometimes you just need a pick me up, and for me the best solution for that is pasta or new clothes. Since I’ve been on a budget lately (if you haven’t heard, I’m planning a wedding ;) ) I have mostly been digging into my closet and finding new uses for old things. However, last week I walked into Forever21 looking for an under $30 jolt to my wardrobe and my confidence, and found this perfectly chic color block dress waiting for me. The color combo is a chic combo of seventies and military trends, but the shape is perfect for late summer BBQ’s and food babies alike. I wore it this past weekend and received a ton of compliments, and I think layered under this affordable jacket it will be the perfect addition to my work wardrobe.
Forever21 color block dress, ASOS gladiator sandals (also like these), Coach Willis bag (check out Tradesy for other color options), layered gold necklaces c/o Rocksbox (if you still haven’t tried it, get your first month free with code stefschoenxoxo)
I am in total closet liquidation mode; weirdly I tend to do Fall cleaning more so than Spring (likely because Fall clothing requires more space), and I have been editing out as much as possible. It can be funny how your tastes change, and you buy things that you end up wearing everyday and wonder how you survived before them. And then on the flip side you have this skirt. I’ve had this suede skirt for too many years to count, but once I re-discovered it I realized this is why I hate throwing things out: inevitably the trend comes back in style again! This suede skirt perfectly matches the seventies trend now, but it was also one of the first pieces I wore when I started my blog over 5 years ago. In true #TBT fashion, check out that 1 Item, 3 Ways post here. Do you have any pieces like that in your wardrobe? Which one?
The wedding is less than 2 months away and I’m starting to think about all the little personal touches that are going to make my wedding day unique. Since I have the best bridesmaid’s ever, I know that I want to do something fun and personal to thank them for being a part of the ride for the past year. If you remember, I asked them to be my bridesmaid’s with these cookies, which were a fun and edible way to celebrate.
This time I want to give them something that will last a bit longer, and still be a great memory of the day, but still be fun and remind them of their crazy blonde friend. Check out my curated list below of 6 great, unique bridesmaids gift ideas that are silly, tasty, beautiful, a little naughty and best of all, all under $50!
1. One of my favorite new companies to emerge out of SF recently is Packed Party, a company that sends curated ‘parties’ to your loved ones with themes like ‘Feel Bedda Soon’, ‘Birthday Beb’ and ‘You Don’t Need Him Anyway’. Why not give your girls packed parties of ‘Thanks (X Million)’ or ‘You Pampered Thing, You’ to give them a little chuckle and let them know how much they mean to you. Packed Party – starting from $30
2. I’m also so excited to show you another awesome company out of the Bay Area (whoop whoop- can you tell I’m reppin’ my home?) that has taken the idea of the subscription service where no one has gone before- into your pants! Before you freak out, understand that Underclub sends you a new, high-quality underthing every month taking into account your preferences and fit woes. What makes them great for bridesmaids is that you can work with them to pick out a unique pair for each girl, or have them curate a selection in the color scheme of your wedding. How unique of a gift is this? I guarantee your girls won’t have received something like this before?
3. Who doesn’t like candy? Clearly not anyone who’s standing by my side on my wedding day. Sugarfina makes my favorite luxe candies- and I love that you can customize a ‘You’re Awesome’ or ‘Thank You’ box with 3 different candies of your choice. If I were to choose, I would either go the gummy route with Champagne Gummy Pears, Sour Lips and Apricot Hearts, or instead go with my favorite wedding colors and choose Key Lime, Matcha and Mint Caramels. Which would you choose?
4. Every time I’m at the Artists & Fleas section of Chelsea Market I spend time looking at the quirky and comical pouches made by Pamela Barsky. They are rustic and whimsical, and I can easily imagine picking out a different one that plays to the humors of each of my best ladies.
5. Everyone has a phone. Everyone should have a phone case. Why not give them a personalized one with pictures of you together, images of the bachelorette party, or just customized with their name or monogram? You can get this done at a lot of places, but MyCustomCase has the most design options and covers the widest range of phones and case types. Personally I want one of these right away- what a fun little gift to myself for my wedding day :)
6. Lastly, I stumbled upon this recently as my obsession with makeup has grown to a new level. If you live in New York, head over to Bite Beauty Lab in Soho where the expert technicians will help you find and mix a custom color, help you pick a finish, and package it up as if you picked it off the shelf. I would name mine ‘Lucky to have you’ which would pertain to both my ‘maids and my man. What would you name yours?