There are lots of posts out there about what to pack in your hospital bag for delivery, ranging from ‘You need nothing!’ to ‘All of your creature comforts’, but I thought I would share my take on the matter. As someone who is used to packing up all the time (but may not be for a while!) I really like to bring only the essentials. That said, this is a momentous occasion in my life and while I don’t particularly care about what I’m wearing, I would like to know that my skin and hair is somewhat presentable in any pictures I take.
So here is my brief list of what I’m packing in my hospital bag for you to weigh in on!
What I’m Packing
- Nursing friendly pajamas – These new jersey favorites by Kimi and Kai have hidden slits for stylish and comfy breastfeeding!
- Robe – I’m sure with all the random showers and disgusting hospital gowns, I will need something I love to wrap up in.
- Flip Flops – for the shower sitch. I’ve heard it can be gory.
- Birdies Slippers – These indoor/outdoor flats are my go-to for pregnancy. They are comfortable and soft like slippers which can accommodate swollen feet, but are cute enough to leave the hospital in!
- Thick Socks – I’m bringing one super warm pair and one with stickies on the bottom just in case I need to run to the bathroom in a hurry and don’t want to fall. Practical, no?
- BIG panties – I have been living in these ones from Gap, but for my hospital stay I bought a 3 pack of these Hanes ones… also extremely comfortable and will work for the whole extra large pad situation.
- Speaking of… PADS. Not pictured b/c I haven’t bought them yet. Should I make Mr. R take that trip? hah! ;)
- Camera, extra battery, extra lens – to get lots of pics of that baby right away!
- Cell phone and charger – because duh
- Breast Pump – because I don’t know how to use it and even though I plan on breastfeeding right away it would be great to have one of those nurses show me how to do it correctly!
- Headband and Hairties – My hair is absolutely unruly when it’s not done, so I desperately need to find a way to keep it out of my face and still cute enough for pics!
- Come to think of it… maybe I should add Dry Shampoo to my hospital bag list?
- Kopari Coconut Melt – This stuff goes everywhere with me. It’s a makeup remover, belly/dry skin cream, hair hydrator… you name it! Plus it’s 100% natural and safe for baby!
- My glasses so that I can see the babe
- Juice Beauty 2-in-1 Cleanser – I love how gentle it is and again non-toxic!
- Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant – I love how a good exfoliation makes my face feel clean, so I’m sure after sweating and feeling gross for 2 days I will love how this feels!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyebrow Definer – Because I can’t take a pic without defining my brows anymore, and it makes the rest of my face feel finished.
- Neutral layette set to take home baby in- just in case neutrals are her thing.
- Colorful floral newborn outfit just in case she’s florals are more her style!
- Car seat – Oh wait I’m not bringing that to the hospital… it’s already in the car!
Ok let me know, what did I miss?