Hey Ya’ll! Today is the last installment of my awesome guest blogger posts as I head to New York (tomorrow we will be back to regular scheduled programming). Today’s post is from none other that my SF partner in crime and LONG time friend, Allie Wandner, who’s blog Sleepless in San Francisco is a mash-up of her amazing taste in entertaining, music, witticisms and San Francisco eateries. She is the absolute go-to for organizing and great party, so check out her picks below for an awesome get-together with friends. Enjoy!
Hello SS readers! I’m Allie from Sleepless in San Francisco and one of Stefanie’s contributing photographers here on the Style Safari. While Stefanie is instagramming her fashions through India, she’s asked me to guest post on her blog which I visit often for style advice, DIY ideas and admire one of my best friend’s many talents. You see, Stef and I go way back. Like, kindergarten, talent shows, owned and operated our very own pop up nail shop in the 4th grade kinda back. Stefanie has always been the creative, fashion forward friend in our group, the “I’d love to design your homecoming dress!” go-to-girl. I however, wish I could hire Stefanie to pick out my outfits every day because style like Stef’s is not my forte. But me? I’m the resident hostess and cupcake connoisseur in our group. Spoiler alert: I LOVE hosting parties. And now thanks to Pinterest, not only can I effortlessly plan and host our best friends upcoming engagement party, but this event will be come fully decorated with a candlelit display of mason jars, printed menus, themed cupcakes and a signature drink. It’s going to be the best. party. ever!
Here are my favorite finds so far:
1. Telegrams from Paperless Post. The new evite with style, only $2 but most are free.
2. Chalkboard Welcome sign & buffet label. I LOVE THIS IDEA! Go to Michael’s, pickup some rolls of stick on contact chalkboard rolls and voi-la! $15 chalkboard for your kitchen. I don’t love the donut theme, but mine will display cheeses, wines, crudites and other tasty finger foods
3. Speaking of crudites, how sweet and simple is this idea? A little burlap and ribbon can go a long way.
4. Florals. I’m pretty simple when it comes to floral arrangements – but with mason jars or old milk bottles, you’ve created a vintage centerpiece. Just picked up some bottles from Organize.com for only $3.49 ea and of course it never hurts to wrap a little twine around the bottle.
5. Signature Cupcakes: These Raspberry Lemon cupcakes look delightful!
6. Lastly, no celebration would be complete without the proper toasts and bevies. Signature drink: I could change my mind, but Hard lemonade sounds good to me right now. And yes, I will put them in Mason jars with striped straws and it will be adorable! Straws also available at Organize.com.
What do you think…cute party or what? I can’t wait to throw it and I hope you’re inspired to throw one of your own. It’s been lovely chatting with you, happy Friday!
- Allie / Sleepless in San Francisco
You might also like: